Monday, July 17, 2006

Did I mention a full boat!!!

so the boat i took home after my last entry as with many of the public boats was packed full! now when i say full, you may not understand, so let me explain it to you.... first very heavy items were carried into the boat... items such as 100+ lbs of flour, rice, charcoal, etc... crates of bottled soda (i love the bottles!) then as the items weigh the boat down, people are carried into the boat and placed ontop of the items! then after all the people are in, bags of fresh bread and smelly fish :) are packed in. I like to think of the public boats like a jar, where you put rocks into it first, then you place peables and when you think nothing else can fit sand is poured in! Now that day I was on a different public boat, Robert, the man who carries me spotted me once again and carried me through the mudd to the right boat. Again I knew know one, and this time they didn't speak lugandan so we had lots of smiles.... and even funnier I thought i learned a new lugandan phrase 'sanusay' which i thought meant 'i don't know' which i said everytime i didn't understand... to my suprise i re-looked at what it meant.... sanusay means 'i'm happy' ....lol... so everytime they would speak to me i would say i was happy! ahhh, i had a good laugh when i found this out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home