Monday, January 01, 2007

GO BADGERS!!!!

So i am afraid the best i can do is to title my blog for the Badgers since i can't watch the game :( Go badgers, Go!!! my friends sandy and theresa sent me the UW band CD in a package but i forgot the cd on the island :( how depressing... but i love the CD so much i had tears in my eyes just listening to it!

So new years was pretty quiet, but really enjoyable. Jess and I hung around watched some movies with friends... we even watched fireworks... we walked into town around midnight to a park where a lot of Christians gather to celebrate and pray in the new year... so we did that. We had originally hoped to go to Olive and Okoro's to celebrate, but jess has been sick and she didn't want to go to a village when she was really sick... so we celebrated in jinja town.

so really i have not just watching movies all day, really....
...i have been preparing a bible study to teach through the song of songs. i am so excited about this book and have been doing much studying! most people view this book as helpful for marriages...oh, but its so much deeper and better than that... it's about Gods radical love for us as weak but sincere believers! it is taking me so much to study... i printed off over 500 pages of notes from online and i am listening to my pastor Shane teach through it on CD.

...….Robert Wafula, Assistant Pastor on the Islands and friend who I have been doing much of my work with, has a vision to help people on the islands save money. He said to me today as we were talking, its not that people are completely poor on the islands but its more that they have no idea how to save money. If they make $5 in a day they spend it all that day. So he has asked me to stand with him in prayer and support. I am really excited about the opportunity to partner with Robert on this. This is one of the things I have talked with people about when I first came and I saw a real need for. Robert has already had his first meeting with people when I was in Tanzania. Out of the 20 people that attended, they have given Robert about $270 to save for them in an account on the mainland. Robert has a vision to see people who have business ideas to get loans down the road… and if the money becomes even more substantial we talked about the need for praying for someone who is a wise investor who can safely invest the money to grow bigger…. Its all very exciting. He wants the people to run it he just wants to get it established. He wants me helping with getting the administration of the program established.

okay, well i love you all so so much! please please pinch your elbow fat for me!! anybody remember what that part of your body is called... if you do i'll find some way to honor you!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben Schumacher said...

Of course I know it is your Weenis! But a more proper term might be "olecranal skin" or "olecranon skin." according to physicians. :)

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home