Sunday, December 17, 2006

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to you!!!! So I have been doing my best to live up the U.S. traditions of Christmas…by starting to play holiday music in October !!!! yes, October… and this past weekend we got a fake tree and decorated it… my very own Charlie Brown Christmas tree and I love it, it is beautiful. I will be spending Christmas on the island, slaughtering my own dinner :) making stuffing (jess has got these charcoal coals down and she makes a mean stuffing!) French toast for breakfast over the coals… I can’t wait, we are on the mainland only for a night getting prepared for our Christmas week!!! I am really looking forward to the time because most people will not be around and it will be a great week for solitude. For new years I will be heading to a village to spend it with my African family here, Mama and Papa O…. olive and okoro teferio.

I am so thankful for my holiday to Zanzibar. It was so so nice. White sand beaches, beautiful architecture and landscape, great food, great people. I am so grateful for the opportunity to go to Zanzibar… i would love to go back some time!

… Syheedi, a Muslim women on the island married to the witch doctor surrendered her life to the Lord this past weekend when a Discipleship team from Montana YWAM was on the island doing hut to hut evangelism and shared Jesus with her… one of the first things she said is to ‘be sure and tell Amanda’… she speaks very very little English but each time I see her I do my best to communicate. I am excited for her and asked her about church but she is really scared of what her husband may do to her if she attends… God will work all things out.

So I am currently preparing to teach through one of my favorite books on the bible… song of songs… I am so excited for this and will spend the next few weeks preparing for this!

Well Merry Christmas to you and Happy New Year!!!!
Love you… kisses and hugs to all…. I wish there were a mistle toe in Africa, but than who would I kiss ?! mandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home