Saturday, September 16, 2006

short short update before i go back to the islands.

This week jess and I are on the mainland, originally we came for a wedding, but it was postponed because they didn’t have enough finances. So we have been hanging out with Uncle Sam Kisolo and his family while getting jess adjusted to life in Africa. She is really adjusting well and already has many friends who love her so much. It is funny though because at times I am translating their lugandan for her (who would have thought!) and what’s even funnier for me is when I have to translate their English because at times she is missing the accent. I love it ;)

Encouragement for me… papa O told me the other day he viewed me like Riek Macher (I think that is his name…the Vice president of southern sudan). Riek is the peacemaker/negotiator between the lords resistance army (people who have been abducting children and making them into soldiers in addition to killing people) and the gov’t of Uganda.

well i am off to the 'market' with jess... i have to introduce her to her market friends... ;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mandy

Good to see you are doing well. We love the pictures, you look so cute in the traditional African outfit. Thanks for posting!

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home