Thursday, October 12, 2006

'you were chasing toilets all day by taking the bodda bodda (motor bike) all around town!"....my friend Henry Isobaa

so i came into town October 9th to celebrate Uganda's day of independence. We went to a field where independence festivities convene... the mayor of Jinja spoke, the band played (I miss the badger band!) , men/women danced a traditional dance, soldiers marched; it was great to be there... except the fact that i was 'chasing toilets all day!!' for whatever reason my body has decided not to allow me to eat oily food such as the chapti's with egg, sumbosa's, french fries.... so anyway i have been steering clear of such items and have eliminating almost all things made with oil since so much is made with it... so this morning, i thought i was brave, i thought to myself that i have been healthy not getting sick, let me just take 3-small bites of a chapti (everyone else was, why not me too!!!) and go on my way... well, i really didn't think that would do anything, i even thought maybe this whole oil thing is just in my head.... well no sir!!! i ended up chasing toilets all day. i don't know why or what has caused my body to react to the oil, but I guess when I think about it, it really it is not such a bad thing to stay away from oily things except i miss them at times! But i just loved the way Henry described my day, i had to share it with you!

I have talked in the past about lots of disunity amongst the church, ywam and the community... well it was so good last week the community leaders sat with the church and ywam leaders (for the first time ever!) and the community expressed their feelings toward the local church. The community felt that things the church/ywam implement are said to be for the community but seem only to be for the 'born-agains'. The community talked about the school, apologies were made to the community from the pastor who was one of the initiators of the school...he stated he was sorry for the way in which the school was started (too fast, without community input)... there was much spoken i can't write it all but just know this was a great thing. it is so vital to have community support and involvement. who is the church/ywam serving if not the community? and are they really following the ways of the Lord if the community is not informed... so it was so good and such an answer to prayer.

The school has been really struggling with finances… I recently found out last week that the school was in about $3000 debt… that next day I went into town, we had gone to the school bank account and there was $3300 in the account from an outside donor! I don’t understand how the Lord works and provides I just know He does!

Random thoughts….
**its official.... when i come back to the U.S. ... i am building an outdoor shower!!! i love bathing at night and looking up to the stars...
**my favorite pick-up line… ‘helloooo...... my size!’ :) lol


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home